Sunday, July 16, 2006

Extra Purpose

You are probably aware that I have a parallel commentary based on my experiences as a end-user (Please see “Office 2007 for the end-user”). This blog goes beyond my use of Office 2007 as a desktop tool and extends into my special field of Rapid Application Development.

Rapid Application Development means here that I can build a complete and functional application with a user interface in anything from an hour to three days.
I make extensive use of libraries of code and Powerful Engines to achieve my goals.
In the period 1997 to 2006 I made use of Word’s VBA language to drive 95% of the developed applications, including document processors, spreadsheet and presentation manipulators, and specialized tasks such as cleaning up Notes History data in Act6! Contact management databases.

With 2007 I’ll continue to press for Rapid Application Development, but I’ll be seeing it through new eyes.

I expect I will migrate my existing libraries as quickly as possible so that I can focus on new applications in Office 2007 without having to rebuild each utility procedure from scratch.

This is the approach I adopted when migrating from Word’s WordBasic to Word97.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home